Great Decisions—Great Discussions!
The Great Decisions group will be meeting from 1 to 3 pm on Thursday afternoons at the Central Library on the following dates in 2014: January 30, February 6, 13, 20, March 6, 13, 20, 27
The topics for 2014 are:
2. U.S. & Israel
3. Climate change and food shortages
4. Political Islam post-Arab Spring, focus on the Mahgreb
5. U.S. defense policy, focus on new technology--e.g. drones
6. U.S. Energy independence and its effect on foreign policy
7. China's foreign policy
8. The global economy and U.S. trade policy
The Great Decisions books retail at $20 plus shipping. If we order 10 or more books we can get them for $18 shipping shipping. The DVD is $40. We have in the past been able to charge just $20/per person and cover the book, a share of the DVD, and the shipping. We hope to be able to continue doing so.
In order for us to get the book order in on time, please email Edith Sullivan by December 16, 2013, to let her know that you are interested in taking part in the discussions and whether you want to purchase the book. Although email contact is preferred (email@example.com), you can reach Edith by phone at 608-230-5881.