State League Issues Briefing
Saturday, October 28, 2017 / 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Madison College Truax Main Campus 1701 Wright St, Madison WI 53704
REGISTER BY OCTOBER 19!
Register online HERE.
Download a printable registration form HERE.
8:30 Doors Open
9:00 Welcome and Introductions
9:10 Keynote Speaker - Attorney Glorily A. López on Current Issues on Immigration
10:15 Morning Breakout Sessions
- Update on WI Gerrymandering Lawsuit – Professor David Canon, UW-Madison
- Enhancing League Diversity Through Community Alliances - Consuelo Lopez Springfield
- Voter Services: Projects for the 2018 Elections
11:30 Lunch and Presentation by Dr. Timothy Smeeding on Poverty and Public Policy in Wisconsin
12:50 Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Overview of Critical Water Issues in Wisconsin – Rebecca Power, UW-Extension
- League Transformation: Preparing the League for Its Second Century
- New Members and New Leagues around Wisconsin
2:00 Summary and Next Steps - Dialogue with State Board and Staff
Park in the Madison College Visitor Parking Lot located between Hoffman St (to the West) and Wright St (to the East). Enter the main Truax Building on Wright Street. Once inside, follow the signs to the conference room.
Photo credit: https://matters.madisoncollege.edu/sites/default/files/field/image/gatewaygrass.jpg