New website design
What do I need to know? A quick tour.
- If you know anyone who would like to receive announcements about our forums, there's a place to sign up.
- You can search the site.
- As you scroll down the home page, you will usually see Upcoming Forums on the left side and Recent Forums on the right side. These are summaries. Click on the title to be taken to a page with more information. If you use an electronic calendar, there are links to import the event into Google calendar or to download an ics file. Information and study materials going back to the 2012-2013 year are available.
- Below the forum information you will see summaries ("teasers") from our most recent News items. Click on a title to see the full post. Each full-size post has navigation at the bottom to take you to the previous post or the next post.
- During election season, the home page will also have a section for Candidates' Answers.
- Just above the footer are links to the national and Wisconsin Leagues, the GAB, Voting Information, and Municipal Clerks.
- Under the For Members link you will see an option for a calendar, which will show board meetings, unit meetings, as well as forums and other events. These calendar events include links so you can import them into your Google calendar or other electronic calendar that uses ics files. Bulletins are archived under the For Members menu, too.
- Only access to the Membership Directory will require a password. Members will receive more information about this through other channels.
Donations and membership payments
Our new website uses Stripe instead of PayPal to process credit and debit card payments for donations and memberships. Stripe exceeds industry standards for security and will provide eCommerce for FaceBook and Twitter. They have also adopted the Apple Pay system.
Why did we change?
Our previous website was based on technology that became obsolete. We moved to a platform that allows us to create a more visual site that adjusts itself for viewing with mobile devices. It is easy to integrate with social media, eCommerce, and other tools, such as Google Apps and MailChimp. These changes will make our communications more efficient and allow us to collect information from candidates for Candidates' Answers directly through our website.
We want your feedback!
Not all change is good. We want to hear from you about what you like in the new site, and also what is confusing or difficult. Be aware, though, that we are working with a template that doesn't allow us to make any and all changes we might like. Some changes would require moving everything to an entirely new platform, with different challenges and limitations.