fall Partisan primary Election, August 14, 2018
- Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Check your registration status, find your polling place and your municipal clerk, and see what’s on your ballot at MyVote.WI.gov.
- Vote early by in-person absentee ballot. Hours and locations vary by municipality, with some beginning as early as June 25. Contact your municipal clerk for more information.
- Vote absentee by mail. Ballots must be received by Election Day.
- Voter photo ID is required to vote. Be sure you have a valid ID for voting!
- See Voting Information (in the footer of every page) for more information.
Below are the Candidates’ Answers to questions posed by the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin or the League of Women Voters of Dane County. To see what Senate or Assembly district you live in, visit MyVote.WI.gov, and check What’s On My Ballot.
The August 14 election is a partisan primary. You may only vote for candidates in one political party. Voting in more than one political party may void your voting choices.
Know Your Candidates interviews for Madison candidates in contested races (Assembly District 77 Democratic Party candidates) are linked to each candidate's profile. For more nonpartisan election information, visit Wisconsin Eye's Campaign 2018 series and WisconsinVote.org from Wisconsin Public Television and Radio.
Candidates’ Answers is compiled from questionnaires sent to the candidates by the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin (LWVWI) or the League of Women Voters of Dane County (LWVDC). The League is a non-partisan, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code. Candidates’ Answers does not recommend or endorse candidates or parties. Candidates’ replies are printed exactly as the candidates wrote them. Candidates for federal and state office were limited to 500 characters in response to each question by LWVWI. Candidates for county office were given a 100-word limit for each question by LWVDC. Candidates who did not reply by the deadline have NO REPLY after their names.
Candidates’ Answers is funded by LWVDC and by contributions from the community, which are appreciated. You may mail a check to LWVDC at the address below, or donate online now.
Permission to copy and distribute Candidates' Answers is granted if no candidate’s answers are altered in any way, equal treatment is afforded all candidates for a given office, and credit is given to the League of Women Voters of Dane County.